As a response to Europe’s current water challenges Aquawareness was initiated by the EWP as a strategy to move Europe towards a resource efficient and sustainable water culture, targeting political decision makers, key stakeholders and European inhabitants.
Aquawareness seeks to
- create a common vision for water in Europe with widely accepted principles for sustainable water management;
- set sights on changing behavior and practices;
- shape and integrates water into policy and strategy agendas;
- create a water saving and efficiency culture among private, industrial, business and agricultural users;
- support the shift from supply to demand management through information, education and training.
Based on the Water Vision for Europe this project aims at achieving sustainable water management in Europe by 2030. The Vision serves as the value-base for the European Water Partnership in all its activities and initiatives as well as in its relations with its partners.