Benefits from Water Stewardship
The strength of Water Stewardship is that it extends beyond water accountancy and allows water users to respond to local water challenges and then communicate to investors, customers and within supply chain. This:
- Leads to partnership development on river basin level.
- Improves efficiency of water use and the economic benefit by creating leaders in water management.
- Generate public acceptance of production sites and business sectors.
- Reinforces communication to investors, for application subsidies, customers, within supply chain and between actors on a regional level.
- Give positive incentives for other operators in the sector.
There are also benefits to the EWS approach which are specific per sector and demonstrate the flexibility of the system to adapt to individual, local and business needs: