What are the benefits?
EWS certification offers clear advantages to the private sector including:
- Demonstration of Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Reinforcing relationships with regional actors.
- Compliance with national and international legislation.
- Mitigation of business risks related to water use in.
- Reassurance to investors and customers of good corporate governance.
- Improved efficiency and associated cost savings.
How does it work?
In order to assure thorough assessment of water use according to EWS requirements, EWS employs a third party certification body to conduct assessment of the water users with the EWS standard and issue certificates of compliance accordingly:
- Presents you with an objective evaluation of water management performance.
- Provide you a cohesive audit report:
- List all your improvement points and an integrative on-site water management evaluation for targeted response strategies.
- Presents you with credible indicator of performance level to communicate both inside and outside your operations.
For a list of all EWS Approved Certification Bodies click here.
What is the process?
Want to find out if you’re ready?
You can elect to perform a Pre-Screening on-site at your organization as a gap analysis prior to Certification. The EWS Team will walk you through the standard and all the elements of water management you will need to tackle prior to certification.
Pre-Screenings provide your organization:
- Internal, site specific training on water stewardship and the EWS standard.
- Identification of the strengths and weaknesses of your water management as it stands.
- A Pre-Screening Report detailing the gaps for compliance with the EWS standard.
What can I do with my certificate?
Depending on the compliance level, the certifier is granted either bronze, silver or gold level certificate:
The EWS logo is considered an “off product claim”, for more information about what where how you can communicate your success please see the EWS Assets & Claims Use Fact Sheet.