Apply EWS in my operations
This step-by-step overview below demonstrates the continuous improvement process that water stewards go through on their journey towards a more sustainable water management.
EWS approach provides water users with a ready to use assessment of the the current state of your operational water management. It can be used as an internal gap analysis or as a third party verification of your water management performance.
Thee EWS Team and EWS Recommended Consultancy are available to provide you with step-by-step guidance in implementing the EWS standard your operations or to prepare you for your audit by a EWS Approved Certification Body.
Implementing the EWS standard with the EWS Team or Recommended Consultancy, otherwise known as a EWS Pre-screening, provides an integrative evaluation of the water management performance with the following deliverables:
- Gap analysis on strong and weak points as well as all risks related to water management.
- Assessment of the compliance with the EWS standard principles.
- Proposal for tailored response strategies achieving the highest positive impact on the referring watershed.
Benefit for organizations
A EWS pre-screening study:
- Gives you a clear and complete assessment of your operational water risks.
- Guides you on your journey to improve your water management performance in your river-basin context.
- Supports you in integrating all your water activities into a tailored water management strategy.
- Provides evidence for communication of your water activities.
- Anticipates the integration of EU water policy in your business strategy.
The EWS Team or Recommended Consultancy Organization will:
- Coordinate and manage the pre-screening study.
- Provide the EWS standard and all referring guidance documents.
- Give technical support during the entire study.
- Provide advice on whether to go for EWS certification.
- Complete a training session on the EWS standard on-site.
- Provide a pre-screening report.
For more information about exploring possibilities to implement the EWS standard in your organization please contact Maria Valle at email@example.com.