The aim of the platform is to stimulate the creation of strong, long-lasting and synergistic partnerships between farmers and businesses, utilities or water authorities. The platform promotes water stewardship via the widespread implementation of best farming and water management practices to improve water management at catchment level by:
- Identifying and communicating existing best practices of technologies and management practices as well as best partnership approaches engaging farmers.
- Elaborating and testing new local finance mechanisms which can support these catchment partnerships.
- Stimulating the development of new practices, management schemes and partnerships between farmers, industry, civil society and water authorities.
- Giving a voice to farmers that have reduced their environmental impact and have done that with a realistic economic model.
- Allowing for the concrete best practice examples to become a driver of change during the next CAP reform.