Register now! 25.09.2014: Session ‘Water Innovation support for SMEs’
Jul 24th, 2014 |
Business Forums Session – Thursday, September 25th, 2014
Water Innovation support for SMEs
Leveraging the network of National Water Partnerships
Brussels, 24th July 2014. European Water Partnership has the pleasure to invite you to the Business Forum Session ‘Water Innovation support for SMEs,’ which will take place on 25 September 2014, 13.30-15.00, on the occasion of the IWA World Water Congress & exhibition in Lisbon, Portugal.
To support European SMEs in the water sector, National Water Partnerships (NWPs) across Europe have joined forces in the European Innovation Partnership on Water (EIP/W) Action Group ‘DIS-SMEs’. Together they represent close to 1.100 members, primarily SMEs.
The NWPs are working together in a smart, pan-European network where SMEs benefit from opportunities in Europe. The aim of the Action Group is to function as an SME support system and a spinning wheel for cross national matchmaking. This will be done by creating more opportunities for SMEs to successfully bring innovative water technologies to the (international) markets.
Purpose of the session
This session aims at presenting and discussing the strategy of the Action Group going forward and gather input from SME representatives across Europe. The pillars of a proposed integrated work program for the next 3 years will equally be discussed. Experiences from SMEs in working in European projects will be shared, as well as opportunities for available business support that NWPs’ offer.
13:30 Francisco Nunes Correia, President, Portuguese Water Partnership (15 min.)
- Key note on barriers to the uptake and wider use of innovative environmental technologies
13:45 Tom Vereijken, Chairman, European Water Partnership (15min.)
- DIS-SME Action Group – Initiatives to date and perspectives on strategy going forward
- Supporting SMEs in the water sector by building and strengthening a pan-European SME service support platform of NWPs
- Promoting the uptake of R&D and innovation results to increase the implementation of water-related innovations (e.g. on the example of the BIOMOMI Life+ project)
- Providing direct support to SMEs in the water sector to successfully commercialise their products and services
14:00 Supporting water innovations and SME Roundtable, moderated by Aleid Diepeveen, Business Development Director, Netherlands Water Partnership
- Supporting the successful commercialisation of water innovations: experiences from the Netherlands Water Partnership
- SME Q&A session
14:40 Louisa Presa, Head of Unit, DG Research and Innovation, European Commission
- Opportunities for SMEs under EIP Water: concluding remarks and recommendations going forward
14:55 Q&A and next steps
Moderator: Francisco Nunes Correia, President, Portuguese Water Partnership
This session is open to representatives of SMEs engaged in innovation, research institutions, financial institutions and National Water Partnerships.
Under the coordination of the European Water Partnership (EWP), the following National Water Partnerships are currently engaged in the Action Group: Catalan Water Partnership (CWP), Danish Water Forum (DWF, Finnish Water Forum (FWF), French Water Partnership (FWP), German Water Partnership (GWP), Netherlands Water Partnership (NWP), Portuguese Water Partnership and Swiss Water Partnership (SWP).
The Action Group brings potential partners from members of the NWP’s and other water sector stakeholders together and support European SMEs to find potential (international) partners and end-users.
- Date & timing: Thursday, September 25th, from 13:30 to 15:00
- Venue: Business Forum Room 1
- Note: Room capacity is limited to 50 people. Please sign up via e-mail to Ms. Ana Carlos, Portuguese Water Partnership (email@example.com)