EWS is hiring: Project Manager “Agriculture”
Feb 19th, 2013 |
Brussels, February 2013
Project manager “Agriculture” Vacancy- European Water Stewardship
Together with its partners from business, agriculture, civil society and with support of public authorities, the European Water Partnership established the European Water Stewardship (EWS) program. Its major outcome, the EWS standard, offers concrete guidance on how to implement and evaluate water management performance of production sites within a local context: Based on their EWS evaluation, water users receive tools to identify and mitigate their impacts and to establish an efficient operational water management cycle (http://www.ewp.eu/water-stewardship/).
We are currently looking for a project manager in the position of a senior assistant to strengthen the EWS team in terms of human resources but also in terms of ideas, expertise and initiatives. The new team member shall assist directly the EWS director, Dr. Sabine von Wirén-Lehr, with focus on the activities related to water management in agriculture and to certification.
The main tasks of the position are to:
-Support EWS direction focusing on the activities linked to projects and partners in agriculture
- Initiating, planning and managing EWS projects.
- Accompanying and consulting farmers, farmer groups and basic processors in EWS standard implementation on-site.
- Providing information on EWS certification.
- Maintaining and leading the exchange and update with EWS partners.
- (Re-)presenting EWS activities at conferences, meetings and public events.
- Communicating EWS outcomes in articles, reports and meeting summaries.
-Outreach new partners and projects within the Agro-Food sector (producers groups, retailers, associations) to achieve a balanced set up for the Water Stewardship partners in agriculture within Europe and in particular to establish new pre-screening studies.
-Assist the strategic planning and implementation of EWS by:
- Shaping and disseminating the EWS in targeted sectors of agricultural production.
- Establishing and ensuring knowledge transfer for farmers and farmers groups by tailor-made trainings and pre-screening studies.
- Implementing the EWS certification scheme by training and approval of auditors and monitoring of certification results.
-Assist directly the EWS direction in:
- Managing EWS partners.
- EWS communication on website and in publications.
This assistance position will provide the opportunity to get actively involved in EWS activities in Europe and around the globe, to apply and develop project management tools in a multi-national stakeholder governance structure, to collaborate with leading companies, associations and policy makers.
The senior assistant should be:
- Ready to engage for a position at the EWS for at least 24 months.
- Available to start in our office in Brussels by May 2013 latest.
- Graduated at university level in agricultural and/or environmental sciences.
- Experienced in agricultural production or quality management.
- Skilled in main office-programs (word, ppt, excel etc.)
- Fluent in English and with profound knowledge of French (knowledge of Dutch is an advantage).
- Experienced in communication with farmers communities.
- Able to work pro-actively and independently.
- Experience in certification or auditing of environmental management systems or agricultural production schemes is a key advantage.
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV and a motivational letter to Sabine von Wirén-Lehr (email@example.com) before 22nd of March 2013.