EWS is Hiring!
Jan 30th, 2013 |
Brussels, January 2013
Internship vacancy – European Water Stewardship (EWS)
European Water Stewardship (EWS) is the integrative system for business and agriculture to assess, verify and communicate sustainable water management practices. It is the result of a wide stakeholder process, coordinated by the European Water Partnership (EWP), and embodies the collective effort and know-how of water users in agriculture and industry. The EWS standard is the core document of this system and it sets concrete criteria for sustainable management addressing not only the protection of the water source but also water quality, stressing the importance of organized cooperation and collective action, and the link between the management of water with other natural resources like energy. For more information on the EWS standard refer to our webpage (link). In 2012, European Water Year, the main lines of action were to extend the standard implementation to new sectors, set up a certification system and outreach for new companies to implement the EWS standard. In 2013, EWS has awarded its first European Water Stewardship Standard Certification to two bottling plants of Coca-Cola (link).
We are currently looking for a trainee to strengthen the Stewardship team in terms of human resources but also in terms of ideas, expertise and initiatives for 2013. The three drivers for this year are to keep integrity of the system, promote the roll out and establish a clear governance structure. The new team member shall assist directly in the program coordination with focus on EWS standard implementation projects mainly in industry and airports. The main tasks of the position are to:
- Establish and monitor work plans for projects
- Support the EWS training unit
- Compile basic information on River Basins
- Set up of project documents and presentations
- Prepare and follow up of meetings
- Carry out technical research on issues that might arise during the project
This trainee position will provide the opportunity to get actively involved in the Water Stewardship activities in Europe, to learn and apply project management tools in a multi-national stakeholder project and to collaborate with leading companies, associations and policy makers.
The applicants should be :
- Ready to engage for a position at the EWP for 6 months
- Available to start in our office in Brussels beginning of April 2013
- Graduated at university level in environmental, engineering or water-related sciences
- Skilled in main office-programs (word, ppt, excel etc.)
- Fluent in English (knowledge of Dutch and/or French is an advantage)
- Experience in auditing of environmental management systems is an advantage
- Flexible, communicative and creative
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV and a motivational letter addressed to Kilian McMahon (email@example.com) before 15th March 2013.
With best regards,