Internship vacancy – European Water Stewardship (EWS)
Jun 18th, 2012 |
Brussels, 18 June 2012. European Water Stewardship (EWS) is the integrative system for business and agriculture to assess, verify and communicate sustainable water management practices. It is the result of a wide stakeholder process, coordinated by the European Water Partnership (EWP), and embodies the collective effort and know-how of water users in agriculture and industry. The EWS standard is the core document of this system. Throughout 2011, several pilot tests both in industry and agriculture have been developed to insure the applicability of the standard to various sectors, different climate types and regions and different levels of water risk and to foster ownership from sectors.
In 2012, European Water Year, our main lines of action are to extend the standard implementation to new sectors, set up a certification system and outreach for new companies to implement the EWS standard.
We are currently looking for a trainee to strengthen the Stewardship team in terms of human resources but also in terms of ideas, expertise and initiatives. The new team member shall assist directly in the program coordination with focus on the activities related to water management in industry.
The main tasks of the position are to:
- Support the program with focus on the activities linked to new EWS standard implementation projects mainly in industry and airports (2012):
o Establish and monitor work plans for projects
o Compile basic information on River Basins
o Set up of project documents and presentations
o Prepare and follow up of meetings
o Carry out technical research on issues that might arise during the project
- EWS Communication
o Monthly EWS Newsletter
o Communication with EWS partners
- Carry out research on fundraising possibilities for the EWS in general:
o Survey of different public funds
o Follow-up of funding possibilities raised by program participants
This trainee position will provide the opportunity to get actively involved in the Water Stewardship activities in Europe, to learn and apply project management tools in a multi-national stakeholder project and to collaborate with leading companies, associations and policy makers.
The applicants should be:
- Ready to engage for a position at the EWP for at least 6 months
- Available to start in our office in Brussels in mid-July
- Graduated at university level in environmental, engineering or water-related sciences
- Skilled in main office-programs (word, ppt, excel etc.)
- Fluent in English (knowledge of Dutch and/or French is an advantage)
- Experience in auditing of environmental management systems is an advantage
- Flexible, communicative and creative
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV and a motivational letter to Maria Valle (firstname.lastname@example.org) before 1st July 2012.