Vacancy: Senior program manager – European Water Stewardship
May 21st, 2012 |
Together with its partners from business, agriculture, civil society and with support of public authorities, the European Water Partnership established the European Water Stewardship (EWS) program. Its major outcome, the EWS standard, offers concrete guidance on how to implement and evaluate water management performance of production sites within a local context: Based on their EWS evaluation, water users receive tools to identify and mitigate their impacts and to establish an efficient operational water management cycle (http://www.ewp.eu/water-stewardship/).
We are currently looking for a senior assistant to strengthen the Stewardship team in terms of human resources but also in terms of ideas, expertise and initiatives. The new team member shall assist directly the EWS director, Dr. Sabine von Wirén-Lehr, with focus on the activities related to water management in agriculture.
The main tasks of the position are to:
- Support EWS direction focusing on the activities linked to projects and partners in agriculture
- Maintaining and leading the exchange and update with EWS partners.
- Initiating, planning and managing EWS projects.
- (Re-)presenting EWS activities at conferences, meetings and public events.
- Communicating EWS outcomes in articles, reports and meeting summaries.
- Preparation, moderation and follow up of meetings.
- Accompanying farmers and farmer groups in EWS implementation on-site.
- Outreach for new partners and projects by technical research, stakeholder analysis and direct stakeholder contact with the aim to achieve a balanced set up for the Water Stewardship partners in agriculture within Europe.
- Assist the strategic planning and implementation of EWS by
- Shaping and disseminating the EWS in targeted sectors of agricultural production.
- Implementing the EWS certification scheme by training and approval of auditors and monitoring of certification results.
- Carry out research on fundraising possibilities for the EWS in general
- Survey of different public funds.
- Follow-up of funding possibilities raised by program participants.
- Assist directly the EWS direction in
- Managing EWS partners.
- EWS communication on website and in publications.
This assistance position will provide the opportunity to get actively involved in EWS activities in Europe and around the globe, to learn and apply project management tools in a multi-national stakeholder governance structure, to collaborate with leading companies, associations and policy makers.
The position bears the option of further development and active involvement in the EWS direction.
The senior assistant should be:
- Ready to engage for a position at the EWS for at least 24 months
- Available to start in our office in Brussels by July 2012 latest
- Graduated at university level in agricultural and/or environmental sciences.
- Experienced in agricultural production or quality management.
- Skilled in main office-programs (word, ppt, excel etc.)
- Fluent in English (knowledge of Dutch and/or French is an advantage).
- Flexible, communicative and creative
- Able to work pro-actively and independently.
- Experience in water management as well as in certification or auditing of environmental management systems or agricultural production schemes is an advantage.
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV and a motivational letter to Sabine von Wirén-Lehr (firstname.lastname@example.org) before 15th June 2012.