Assistant vacancy – EWP Water Stewardship program
Jun 16th, 2011 |
Brussels, 16 June 2011. Together with its partners from business, agriculture, civil society and with support of public authorities, the European Water Partnership established the Water Stewardship program. Its major outcome, the EWP Water Stewardship Scheme (EWS), offers concrete response on how to implement and evaluate Sustainable Water Management within a local context: based on their water accountancy results, water users receive tools to mitigate their impacts and to establish an efficient operational water management cycle (http://www.ewp.eu/activities/water-stewardship/).
We are currently looking for an assistant to strengthen the Stewardship team in terms of human resources but also in terms of ideas, expertise and initiatives. The new team member shall assist directly in the program coordination (Dr. Sabine von Wirén-Lehr) with focus on the activities related to water management in industry.
The main tasks of the position are to:
- Support the program´s coordination with focus on the activities linked to the partners in Industry
o Maintaining and leading the exchange and update with the program´s partners
o Set up of project documents and presentations
o Preparation, moderation and follow up of meetings
o Establishing and monitoring work plans for cooperations.
- Carry out technical research, stakeholder analysis and stakeholder outreach to achieve a balanced set up for the Water Stewardship partners in Industry within Europe.
- Assist the strategic planning and outreach for new partners by
o Shaping and disseminating the EWS in targeted sectors of industrial production
o Accompanying new pilot operations in the set up, guidance and evaluation during the test.
- Contribute in the preparation of the EWS Launch (November 2011)
o Presenting and promoting the EWS in preparatory events Coordinate the panel contributions from industrial partners
o Outreach for sponsors
o Coordination of invitations.
- Carry out research on fundraising possibilities for the EWS in general
o Survey of different public funds
o Follow-up of funding possibilities raised by program participants
This assistance position will provide the opportunity to get actively involved in the Water Stewardship activities in Europe and around the globe, to learn and apply project management tools in a multi-national stakeholder project and to collaborate with leading companies and associations and policy makers in the involved sectors in Europe.
The assistant should be:
- Ready to engage for a position at the EWP for at least 12 months
- Available to start in our office in Brussels by August 2011 latest
- Graduated at university level in environmental, policy or water-related sciences
- Experienced in industrial production or quality management
- Skilled in main office-programs (word, ppt, excel etc.)
- Fluent in English (knowledge of Dutch and/or French is an advantage)
- Experience in auditing of environmental management systems is an advantage
- Flexible, communicative and creative.
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV and a motivational letter to Sabine von Wirén-Lehr (firstname.lastname@example.org) before 30th June 2011.