Reminder: 25.05.2011, 11.30-13.00: EWP Water Stewardship @ Green Week
May 13th, 2011 |
Brussels, 13 May 2011. On 25th May 2011, 11.30-13.00, the EWP Water Stewardship Program will give a presentation during the Green Week session “Water Efficiency – Every Drop Counts”. The session will deal with the practical management of water, demonstrating ways of saving water and managing available resources more sustainably across a variety of different sectors. The session will begin with a broad overview of future water demand, with suggestions for meeting that demand, followed by presentations on best practice water management in sectors such as agriculture, industry, and urban areas. Certification and footprinting systems will also feature. The session will be moderated by Mr. Peter Gammeltoft, Head of Unit Protection of Water Resources, DG Environment, European Commission.
- Sabine von Wirén-Lehr, Water Stewardship Program Coordinator, European Water Partnership (EWP)
- Dr Giulio Boccaletti, Expert Associate Principal, McKinsey & Company
- Prof. Enrique Cabrera Marcet, Universidad Politécnica de Valencia, ITA – Fluid Mechanics, Spain
- Prof. Chandra A. Madramootoo, Dean McGill University, Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
- Ulrike Sapiro, Corporate Responsibility Director – Environment, Coca-Cola Company Europe
- Eva Hernández Herrero, Doñana Project Coordinator, WWF Spain
The 11th edition of Green Week, the biggest annual conference on European environment policy, will take place from 24 to 27 May 2011 in Brussels and around Europe. This year, the Green Week will focus on the theme “Resource Efficiency – Using less, living better”.
For registration, please click here.