Internship vacancy – EWP Water Stewardship program
Mar 22nd, 2011 |
Brussels, 22 March 2011. Together with its partners from business, agriculture, civil society and with support of public authorities, the European Water Partnership established in 2008 the Water Stewardship Program. This program offers concrete response on how to implement and evaluate Sustainable Water Management within a local context: based on their water accountancy results, water users receive tools to mitigate their impacts and to establish an efficient operational water management cycle.
We are currently looking for an intern to strengthen the Stewardship team with inputs in terms of working hours but also in terms of ideas, expertise and initiatives. The intern would assist directly in the Program Coordination (Sabine von Wirén-Lehr) for the implementation of the Water Stewardship scheme in the sectors Agriculture and Golf.
The main tasks of the intern are:
- To support the strategic planning, set up and evaluation of pilot studies by
o setting up and monitoring the pilot strategy plans
o shaping and writing project communications and audit documents for the piloting studies
o accompanying the pilot operations in the set up, guidance and evaluation during the pilot study
- Support the general task of the program coordination with focus on the activities linked to Agriculture and Golf (communication of the project and working groups, preparation of project documents and presentations, reporting of meetings, presentation of outcomes in conferences or meetings, etc.)
- To contribute in the development of the EWP Water Stewarship scheme, EWSS, (involving the EWP Water Stewardship standard and a sector-specific inspection and certification system) by
o technical research and literature studies on topics linked to the draft EWSS or the inspection system
o manage and provide information from and to the program partners and external experts
o editorial support for set up of documents
- To carry out technical research, stakeholder analysis and stakeholder outreach to achieve a balanced set up for the Water Stewardship pilot studies in agriculture and golf within Europe.
- Carry out research on fundraising possibilities for the Water Stewardship program in general and the in agriculture in particular using
o permanent online survey of public funds
o follow-up of funding possibilities raised by program partners
This internship will provide the opportunity to get actively involved in the Water Stewardship activities in Europe and around the globe, to learn and apply project management tools in a multi-national stakeholder process and to collaborate with leading companies and associations in the involved sectors in Europe.
The intern should be :
- Ready to engage for an internship at the EWP for at least 6-8 months
- Available to start in our office in Brussels by 1st May 2011 latest
- Graduated at university level in environmental, agricultural or water-related sciences
- Skilled in main office-programs (word, ppt, excel etc.)
- Fluent in English (knowledge of Dutch and/or French is an advantage)
- Flexible, communicative and creative
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV and a motivational letter to Mr Rob D´hondt (firstname.lastname@example.org) before 4th April 2011.