Internship: EWP Water Stewardship program
Oct 29th, 2010 |
Brussels, 29 October 2010. Together with its partners from business, agriculture, civil society and with support of public authorities, the European Water Partnership established in 2008 the Water Stewardship program. This program offers concrete response on how to implement and evaluate Sustainable Water Management within a local context: based on their water accountancy results, water users receive tools to mitigate their impacts and to establish an efficient operational water management cycle.
We are currently looking for an intern to strengthen the Stewardship team with inputs in terms of working hours but also in terms of ideas, expertise and initiatives. The intern would assist directly in the Program Coordination (Sabine von Wirén-Lehr) for the working groups (WG) Agriculture and Golf.
The main tasks of the intern are:
To assist the strategic planning, set up and evaluation of pilot studies by
- assisting by setting up and monitoring the pilot strategy plans
- shaping and writing project communications and documents for the piloting studies
- accompanying the pilot operations in the set up, guidance and evaluation during the pilot study
Support the general task of the project coordination with focus on the activities linked to working groups Agriculture and Golf (communication of the project and working group, preparation of project documents and presentations, reporting of meetings, etc.)
To contribute in the development of the Water Stewarship scheme (involving the standard document and the sector-specific evaluation systems) to monitor and assesses Sustainable Water Management (SWM) in agriculture and golf by
- technical research and literature studies on scientific open questions of the draft Water Stewardship Standard
- manage and provide information from and to the working group members and external experts (e.g. the Water Stewardship initiative in Australia or the EEA)
- editorial support for set up of the document
To carry out technical research, stakeholder analysis and stakeholder outreach to achieve a balanced set up for the Water Stewardship pilot studies in agriculture and golf within Europe.
Carry out research on fundraising possibilities for the Water Stewardship program in general and the WG Agriculture in particular
- permanent online survey of different public funds
- follow-up of funding possibilities raised by program participants
This internship will provide the opportunity to get actively involved in the Water Stewardship activities in Europe and around the globe, to learn and apply project management tools in a multi-national project and to collaborate with leading companies and associations in the involved sectors in Europe.
The intern should be :
- Ready to engage for an internship at the EWP for at least 3 months
- Available to start in our office in Brussels by January 2011 latest
- Graduated at university level in environmental, agricultural or water-related sciences
- Skilled in main office-programs (word, ppt, excel etc.)
- Fluent in English (knowledge of Dutch and/or French is an advantage)
- Flexible, communicative and creative
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV and a motivational letter to Sabine von Wirén-Lehr (email@example.com) before November 17th.