12.10.2010: EU Resource Efficiency Strategy – Think Tanks Joint Meeting
Oct 8th, 2010 |
Brussels, October 2010. The The Resource Efficiency Alliance is inviting you to a think tanks joint meeting on the EU Resource Efficiency Strategy which should be prepared by the Commission in 2011.
This meeting, taking place on the 12th of October 2010 within the premises of the European Water Partnership in Brussels, Belgium, will focus on main systemic leverages and tools and public-private joint initiatives to respond to 4 challenges the EU Resource Efficiency Strategy should address:
- Challenge 1. Interdependencies between raw material, water, food, energy and global security agenda.
- Challenge 2. Scarcity of some raw materials and new developments in relation with access, control, regulations.
- Challenge 3. Mechanisms to manage interdependences between (increasingly international) value chain interested parties.
- Challenge 4. Co-operation with Top Runners to accelerate the shift towards a low carbon and resource efficient Europe.
This think tanks joint meeting will have two sessions:
- Session 1. Resource Efficiency and Global Value Chain. How to adapt the present EU macro-economic rules/incentives towards a Resource Efficient Europe in a global framework?
- Session 2. Design a pro-active EU Resource Efficiency Strategy leading to systemic changes towards smart, sustainable and inclusive growth. How to exercise collective intelligence in a global, interconnected and interdependent world? How to design a voluntary open-coordination between actors and with front runners willing to leverage their respective powers and means to accelerate change?
For registration, please write to email@example.com with your coordinates to make sure a place is reserved for you.
Please click here for more details.