Internship@the European Water Partnership
Jan 13th, 2010 |
The EWP is currently looking for an intern to assist the Partnership in its upcoming events and activities.
Active, flexible candidates with an interest in water issues are invited to send a motivation letter and CV to the EWP explaining how their skills and experiences would contribute to the work of the EWP. As an intern, you will be part of the EWP team in Brussels in a highly motivating, international working environment in the heart of Europe.
The major strands of activities will be to support the Project Manager within the Aquawareness Program.
The Aquawareness initiative was setup by the European Water Partnership (EWP) in 2008 to raise awareness on the current water challenges among all actors (governments, NGOs, businesses and citizens) and to support the development and implementation of sustainable water management. It consists of two main programmes: the European Water Awareness and the Water Stewardship Program. This internship will be focused on the Water Awareness Program.
The European Water Awareness Programme aims at raising awareness and initiating a culture of efficient and sustainable water use among citizens, industrial and agricultural users. It promotes enhanced information, education and training and presents adopted and applicable measures for sustainable water use.
- support the Project Manager in the coordination and management of the European Water Awareness Program
- organisational and technical support for the upcoming EWP events – specifically the European Youth Water Summit (EYWS) and the Aquawareness Policy Forum as well as various workshops and smaller working meetings
- assist in preparation of texts, documents, presentations and meetings
- research assignments
- logistical support for the event management
- editorial sustain of the upcoming EYWS blog
The Intern will also be expected to be flexible and give support to the office team in a variety of tasks including administrative ones.
- The candidate should be in the final phase of a university level educational program, preferably in environmental studies, international relations or communications
- Fluent in English and French , knowledge of other main European languages is a pré.
- Interest in water and sustainable development issues
- Knowledge of EU institutions and the EU decision-making process
- Flexible, active teamplayer, self-motivated and punctual
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and outgoing
- Positive and adaptable approach to problem solving
- Able to work as part of an international team
- Able to pay attention to details
Duration: 3 months with possibility of extension
What we offer
- Exciting and challenging work experience within a major Brussels-based NGO
- Multinational team
- Flexible working hours with possibility of working from home
- Unique opportunity to gain specific knowledge in cross sectoral partnerships
Please note that due to the high number of applications received for EWP vacancies in the past only candidates short-listed for interviews will be contacted.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday, 20th January 2010, 2pm Brussels time
Please send your applications (letter of motivation and CV) to:
Avenue de Tervuren 168,
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (put in the subject line: Internship)